Yes, it’s that time! When everyone is assessing their past year to reflect upon the good and the bad, wondering what 2014 has in store. People will make their resolutions to go to the gym, the gyms will be packed until Feb 1st when life starts to normalize all over again…
In all seriousness, I have been assessing this past year and 2013 been one of the most challenging yet most rewarding times in my life thus far.
Here’s the recap:
-January – February: In Bangladesh to work on capturing stories, reconnecting with our partnering enterprises
-March: Quit my job of seven years to focus on Evolvemint full time
-April: Was in an almost-fatal car accident after my car hydroplaned, was hit by three cars and a semi head-on
-May: Couldn’t move from the couch because of the accident while trying to push our rebranding initiative forward
-June – August: Life is in limbo with a potential move
-September: Final push to have the Evolvemint rebranding initiative ready for the holidays
-October – December: Road trip to CA for two months to launch the new Evolvemint website
-December: In Myanmar until the end of February 2014
Talk about a serious year of uncertainty, surprise, and risk that has changed my whole outlook on life.
I wanted to share my top five lessons learned with you (in no specific order).
1. Never give up, what doesn’t (literally) kill you will make you stronger.
2. Take time to appreciate the little things in life alongside family and friends because life is too short and time passes by way too fast.
3. Don’t live in fear, rather, try to tackle your fears one step at a time.
4. Mistakes are human, it’s how you handle them that matter.
5. When you are open to new opportunity and new experiences, they will come.
And..here are pictures to quickly recap 2013: